Get your free Alberta Cyber Insurance quote from Leibel Insurance Group. For great coverage at competitive rates, submit an online quote request or call 780-484-8880
Alberta Cyber Insurance
IT Protection For Your Business
Many don’t believe that Cyber Liability Insurance is a very important coverage to have … even though it only takes 1 system hack to shut down a business.
The saying goes: “It is not a matter of if , it is a matter of when.”
Since 2008, more than 500 million data records from businesses of all types and sizes have been compromised, including those containing customer’s private information and company financials. A Cyber Insurance policy can protect your business from devastating cyber crime losses and the team at Leibel Insurance Group can help you get the coverage you need today!
Cyber Liability Insurance: a specific insurance product that protects your business from technology type risks.
This type of Insurance is not a common coverage included with Commercial General Liability Insurance policies and must be added separately. Types of losses that can happen to your business from an outside source could be an incident of extortion, a form of data destruction, information or funds stolen by theft, or even hackers obtaining pertinent business information, or a service attack within your daily operations. Cyber Risk Insurance can include coverage for your staff making mistakes translated into errors and omissions, defamation and or failure to safeguard company data. Additional benefits included with Cyber Insurance are coverage for costs associated with investigation expenses and public relations, or security audits coverage, and criminal reward funds.
The current need for Cyber Liability Insurance is growing and imperative. There are daily technology threats of phishing, worms, viruses, hackers and spams that are no longer 100% safeguarded by antivirus and anti-spam software.
Our unique coverage package offers 10 different insuring agreements to ensure you have a flexible, scalable and customized package to protect your true exposures. Coverage available for all different sizes of organizations ranging from small businesses to established large well known companies.
Types of coverage available:
- Security Breach
- Computer fraud
- Funds Transfer
- E-commerce extortion
- Business Interruption
- Crisis Management
- Network Liability
- Communications and Media Liability
- Regulatory Defense Expense
- Computer Program Restoration
Cyber risks are one of the top concerns business owners face. Many Cyber risks can be prevented and mitigated. There are many resources to help you keep your business protected, as well as resources to help when a loss occurs.
A few ways to protect your business:
- Train employees on best practices for keeping business information secure. Establish cyber-security policies and educate your staff to deter password and data sharing within the office.
- All active employees must change passwords at least every couple of months.
- Limit employee access to company data and information. By controlling who has access there is less risk for a breach or loss of data.
- Install antivirus and anti-spyware software and have your internal technologies updated frequently.
- Maintain firewalls for your internal network and internet. Home systems also need proper firewall in place, including laptops and tablets for anyone that works on a remote system and has access to your business.
- Backup important company information and customer data on a regular basis. Pay special attention to files of human resources, accounting, and staff members or client personal information.
- Ensure anti-fraud services are in place with your banks and debit / credit machines protecting your client’s personal banking information.
- Mobile devices have security and management issues. Many phones have the capabilities to hold a remote network and or contain confidential business information. Any staff member to lose their phone can impact your business. Make sure to have passwords set up with any business software, and have a separate user account for every employee. Install security apps and have phones locked when not in use.
With over 25 year’s experience in this field, our insurers will provide the maximum amount of protection, for the lowest prices. Get your free Edmonton, Alberta Cyber Risk Insurance quote from Leibel Insurance Group. For complete coverage when your business needs it most, fill out our online quote form or call 780-484-8880 for more information.
Call Us at (780) 484-8880
Leibel has been the only choice for our personal and business insurance. Amazing rates and great service!