Get your free Alberta Electricians Insurance quote from Leibel Insurance Group. For great coverage at competitive rates, visit us online or call 780-484-8880
Alberta Electrical Contractor Insurance
If your company performs electrical work in Alberta you need to have the best possible electrical contractor insurance. After all, the responsibility of the electrician does not end after installation. Every time a switch is flipped or something is plugged in, liability issues continue as a result of the installation or repairs. Here are just a few things that could go wrong:
- Improper wiring – can result in fires and shock hazards to occupants, and other workers. This can sometimes cause serious injury.
- Failure to install GFCI circuits where required – when shock saver circuits are not installed, it could result in serious shock hazards to people, including death. This is includes areas like swimming pools, laundry rooms, and outdoor electrical features.
- Failure to install electrical equipment properly – this can cause serious damage to expensive equipment
- Commercial property damage
- Mistakes wiring up industrial equipment – can cause business to experience significant downtime and loss of income. It could also result in injuries to employees of the business.
- Improper installation of HVAC systems or communications systems.
- Traffic accidents with company vehicles
These issues (and more) can lead to lawsuits and major expenses, and can cause a business that does electrical work to suffer a great deal. In fact, many companies that face lawsuits from consumers or other businesses will not be able to stay in business if they do not have proper electrician insurance.
What Is Insurance For Electrical Contractors?
This kind of coverage protects businesses against the many hazards that can develop from electrical work. This includes problems like legal claims on property damage and injuries, and a wide variety of issues related to this type of business.
Who Needs Electrical Contractors Insurance?
Any company or business that does electrical work should consider this coverage. This covers many businesses and professionals such as:
- Electrical contractors
- Air conditioning services
- Heating services
- Lighting installation services
- Home improvement services
- Construction companies
- Electrician services
- Handyman services
- Electrical engineers
- Red seal electricians
- Oil and gas technicians
- Electrical consultants
- Electricians and apprentices
What Kind Of Coverage Is Standard?
Standard coverage depends on your business, but most companies should consider:
- General liability – this protects you against many things that can happen to businesses in Alberta.
- Auto insurance – may include liability, collision, and comprehensive coverage for your company vehicles.
- Loss of income -protects you if you or your company is unable to operate due to a covered event.
- Commercial property insurance – if you own a building, it needs protection the same as a home would.
What Electrician Insurance Options Are Available?
You may need to consider several options for your contractor business. For example:
- Inland marine or cargo insurance – this covers equipment and materials while they are in transit. This may cover expensive equipment that you are taking to the job site to install.
- Errors and Omission coverage – should one of your employees or a subcontractor make a mistake, this can give you the protection that a general liability insurance policy may not cover. This can be very important as many errors and omissions in this industry may not be apparent for months or even years after the fact.
- Umbrella insurance – this is extra liability that covers a wide range of problems that you may not even be aware of. It is inexpensive considering the amount of protection it provides, and can be a valuable part of your electrical contractors insurance.
- Identity theft insurance – this may or may not be included with some business insurance policies. In today’s high tech computerized and broadband age, any business or individual may be subject to identity theft.
Protect Your Business With The Right Electrical Contractor Insurance
Your company is your livelihood and your entire future, so how can you make sure that your business is properly protected? Find the most competent help. If you go to a single insurance company they can only give you what is available to them, and this may not always be in your best interest, when you need electrician insurance.
When you go to insurance professionals at Leibel Insurance Group in Alberta, it is like going to 15 different top insurance companies at the same time, and comparing all of the best features. We are an independent insurance brokerage with many insurance partners. Our people have combined insurance industry experience of 250 years and we have been serving customers since 1981.
Let us help you get the best coverage and show you all the available insurance discounts. You will not just have an insurance policy. You will receive electrical contractors insurance that is custom made for your business.
Call Us at (780) 484-8880
Fill the form below to get more information!
Leibel is a friendly, courteous and very professional company! The services they offer are incredible and plenty. An incredibly helpful staff who make dealing with insurance painless and easy. They've saved me money too! I can't say enough great things about them and recommend them highly!