Commercial Lines Account Executive – Calgary
Leibel Insurance Group (LIG) is expanding to Calgary and is building a winning team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing brokerage and help build the LIG brand in Calgary and surrounding areas.
Leibel Insurance Group strives to hire the very best: people who are professional, experienced, and genuinely focused on not just meeting, but exceeding, our customers’ needs. We are committed to being an employer of choice by providing some of the industry’s most competitive compensation, benefits, tuition reimbursement, training and on-site insurance education. We promote a work-life balance, and celebrate and appreciate our staff throughout the year. We also happen to work with a great team of people.
The ideal candidate thrives under pressure, has an entrepreneurial spirit and has a vision to grow the Calgary commercial portfolio. You are a client-focused team member with a solid understanding of a variety of commercial lines products, all shapes and sizes. You know how to partner with your clients to understand their needs and you always offer the best solutions for comprehensive coverage.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation
- Exceptional work environment
- Continued support and ongoing training & development
- Full time hours Monday to Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Provide prospects and customers with trusted and expert advice on all areas of commercial lines insurance
- Strive to meet or exceed sales targets by carrying out all associated selling functions including prospecting, soliciting, quoting and growing new business
- Respond to all referrals and client requests in a timely matter as outlined by Leibel Insurance Group standards
- Build and grow a book of business through referrals, networking, upselling, etc.
- Maintain accurate and thorough documentation of all communication with clients, prospects, underwriters, etc., as per LIG standards
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with co-workers and underwriters
- Provide accurate quotes to prospects/clients and attempting to secure all lines of business
- Manage account receivables
- Prepare documentation for insurers, complete applications for new clients, issue insurance binders and pink cards
- Effective communication with Insurance companies, negotiate with underwriters on customers behalf, follow up with adjusters on claims status
- Notify clients of changes; including renewal reviews and policy updates
- Consistent and accurate input of client information and activity
- Review and completion of daily abeyances; with follow up no more than 30 days behind
WHAT YOU BRING:
- High School Diploma
- Level 2 General Insurance License in good standing with the Alberta Insurance Council
- 3-5 years of commercial lines experience preferably in a brokerage
- Insurance designation, such as CAIB or CIP, or working towards, considered an asset
- Experience with Power Broker and Policy Works considered an asset
- Positive and respectful attitude with both clients and colleagues
- Ability to manage your own book of business, to work independently, and as part of a team, which is primarily located in Edmonton
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, reliable, and ability to prioritize
We also happen to sell insurance…..want to work with us?
We thank all applicants, however only those who are being considered will be contacted.
If you are interested in future opportunities with Leibel Insurance Group not currently listed, we would love to hear from you as we are always interested in new talent.
Submit resume and cover letter in confidence to: [email protected]
For Your Sake, Don’t Wait!
Find out how much you can benefit from switching today.