Senior Commercial Lines Account Manager
The ideal candidate will be an energetic team member who has a solid understanding of Commercial Lines products, demonstrates client focus, and the ability to offer alternative options to clients.
We are looking for a true insurance professional who is going to keep in line with our overall company philosophy of “We keep our Clients’ Best Interest in Mind.” The selected candidate will know how to prioritize their work load and be a reliable part of a happy team with a positive attitude!
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to handle pressure while maintaining a friendly attitude and continuing to do what is best for the client, the brokerage, and the overall team. Being able to take guidance and embrace change as needed is an absolute must in this position.
- Providing customers and assigned alpha split with prompt service by providing advice, helping customers understand insurance, discussing customer concerns, including but not limited to walk-ins, emails, and phone calls;
- Entering clients’ information on Power Broker and or Policy Works;
- Creating a Binder for all new and existing business and ensure liability certificates are provided to all Insureds before the renewal;
- Preparing documentation for insurers, completing applications for new clients, issuing insurance certificates;
- Communicating with Insurance companies, negotiating with underwriters on customers behalf, negotiating renewal of terms, following up with Adjusters on claims status;
- Continuously updating client information on computer system and hard files
- Updating of insurance summaries to correspond with current change requests
- Notifying clients of changes;
- Reviewing abeyance’s daily; follow up should be no more than 30 days behind;
- In-house financing (LIG EFT) should be reviewed by a Managing Partner prior to Insured agreement;
- Backup for Account Executives, if required; and
- All claims must be sent to the Insurer, following up with the Client during the next business day ensuring the claim has been handled appropriately.
- Completion of High School
- License in good standing with the Alberta Insurance Council;
minimum Level II General Insurance license; and
- 5+ years of commercial lines experience preferably in a brokerage
- Insurance designations such as CAIB or CIP are an considered an asset
- Experience with Power Broker and Policy Works considered an asset
- Positive and respectful attitude with both clients and co-workers
- The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently or as part of a team, manage a busy book of business for multiple Account Executives, and be self-motivating and detail orientated
- High degree of professionalism and integrity
LOCATION AND STATUS
- Edmonton, AB
- Full-time, Monday through Friday 8:30 – 17:00
For Your Sake, Don’t Wait!
Find out how much you can benefit from switching today.