CANADIAN INSURANCE IS EVOLVING!
A VALUABLE INVESTMENT
Over the last several years, Canada has experienced major catastrophic events. Since 2009, Insurance companies have spent more than a billion dollars a year to help restore Canadians impacted by weather-related events.
Without the support of insurance companies, many Canadians would be unable to get back to normal and resume the daily activities of their lives.
There are TWO major reasons:
ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGES & MODERN HOME DESIGNS
IN 1999 to 2009 (10 YEAR SPAN) THERE WERE 785 NATURAL DISASTERS WORLD WIDE.
IN 2010 (1 YEAR) THERE WERE 950 NATURAL DISASTERS WORLD WIDE!
In Canada natural disasters that used to occur every 40 years now occur every 6 years!
ALBERTA accounts for HALF of the weather related claims in Canada: Sewer Back up, Wind, Water Damage and Hail make up for 70% of those claims.
EVOLVING HOW WE TAKE CARE OF OUR CLIENTS
We have some of the best partners in the business and we ensure we are always doing what we can to take care of you, including:
- Hail Supression Programs
- A Climate Change Adaptation Project
- Utilizing the most sophisticated policy models available
At Leibel Insurance Group, we work with insurance providers committed to helping you minimize your risk and keep your premiums affordable.
Protecting Your Home
WATER DAMAGE PROTECTION CHECKLIST:
INSIDE YOUR HOME
- Buy or increase your sewer backup coverage as needed
- Install a sewer backup prevention valve on the main line of your home
- Install water monitors that alert you if a leak occurs and shut off the main water supply if moisture is detected
- Inspect all plumbing for signs of cracks or leaks, and replace older plumbing
- Inspect older appliances, particularly washing machine and dishwasher hoses, and replace them with steel braided hoses.
- On appliances and/or plumbing fixtures, replace old and worn rubber hoses with flexible steel-braided hoses.
- Avoid pouring fats, oils and grease down household drains
- Check water supply lines regularly for leaks and loose connections
- Check caulk and grout around bathtubs and showers and retouch as necessary
- Reduce home water use during heavy rainfall and rapid thaw to reduce pressure on sewage systems and potential for water back-up.
- Talk to your insurance broker to review your policy and learn what coverage exists in regards to water damage.
~ Courtesy of our partners at Intact Insurance
For Your Sake, Don’t Wait!
Find out how much you can benefit from switching today.