What to do when you’re in an Auto accident.
Anyone who is driving is at risk for an accident. You may be heading to an appointment or maybe you have a special family dinner. On the way, if you are in a collision follow the steps below to help protect yourself and get through the claims process.
· Remember to stay calm
· Do not admit to being at fault as there may be other factors that may have caused
· Call the police if someone is injured, if your vehicle is not drivable, or if anyone
is guilty of an offense such as drunk driving.
· You will want to record details of the accident including your location, speed,
weather conditions, and the date and time. Speak to the other driver and exchange
insurance information. Details such as name, address, phone number,
license plate, insurance company and policy number.
· Collect documents such as a police report for damages over $2000 dollars
as well as photos and towing receipts.
· Next, protect your vehicle from further damage. Assess where the damages
are and do your best to protect it.
· Call your insurance broker to discuss the accident, coverage and deductibles.
· If you are hurt visit a doctor immediately. Obtain any documents related to the
injury such as loss of income, and photos. Also hire an attorney if necessary.
· Lastly, speak to your Insurance company to file a claim. You will be assigned
an adjuster whom will assess damages, decide fault, and discuss the amount
of settlement. If your policy permits schedule a rental car and repairs.
Leibel Insurance Group takes claims very seriously.
As your independent agent we will do our best to answer any questions you may have.. so remember we are always here for you!
Please refer to our claims page on our website for more information.